Software Engineers! Let's save the planet!
Do you want to work on software that will truly have a global impact? Do you want to be part of something exciting and work with a talented team? If you are interested in deep technology, passionate programmer and enthusiastic to keep improving yourself, then let’s get introduced...
Hello! We are Altum Technologies. We are saving the world from fouling's disastrous impact with high-power ultrasound, we hope you want to do the same!
Altum Technologies is the first and only company in the world to use software-guided focused power ultrasound to remove fouling from industrial equipment without stopping production. Our device can be externally applied to any liquid-carrying equipment (heat exchangers, pipes, tanks, cooling towers, filters, reactors, etc.) without the need to change the production process or modify the equipment.
Since founding in 2016, from our HQ in Helsinki, we released our first product, AltumPI, in June 2017. In December 2017 we won the prestigious Slush 100 pitching competition and in February 2018 we released our Altum Mark III system to the market. We opened our first subsidiary in Las Vegas, USA in 2019 and now have successfully served multiple customers in Europe, Asia, North America and further afield with strong ongoing growth. We are now expanding our engineering team to include a Software QA Engineer as we look to further develop our product.
What is fouling?
Simply put, fouling is dirt that gets stuck inside industrial equipment like pipes, heat exchangers, tanks, etc. If there is fouling inside the equipment the production plants consume more energy and a huge amount of CO2 goes into the environment, it is a big amount of CO2, equal to 20% of global cars emissions every year. On top of this, industrial equipment is cleaned with toxic chemicals that can harm humans and our water resources.
Our high-power ultrasound eliminates all of these environmental hazards while helping entire plants produce more efficiently and without stoppages. For this, we combine traditional ultrasonic techniques and proprietary software with IoT and AI capabilities to create a one-of-a-kind cleantech.
Why we need you
Now is your opportunity to get on board of one of Finland's hottest startups. With our 30-person team we are rapidly expanding to other markets and we need to continue improving and building a world-class software.
We are hiring a software QA engineer who can help us to take Altum Technologies to the next level, someone who is a team player but can also perform individually.
We are a startup doing something that no one has done before. So, we need people with initiative as there will be many tasks in which no instruction manual exists yet.
Excited? Continue reading!
Software QA Engineer | Full-Time | Helsinki, Finland
We are looking for a Software QA Engineer to join us develop and implement an automated testing and unit testing system for existing codebases in python and C orientated languages. When required also developing new features involving databases, networking and IOT communication protocols.
- Design and develop automated testing/regression testing for software.
- Troubleshoot and develop features on existing systems orientated around Python, C and Linux.
- Produce clear and concise design documentation.
- Provide Support and maintenance for existing software.
- Degree in Computer science / software engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in automated testing / software development.
- Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Development experience with embedded devices (e.g. stm32 or raspberry PI)
- Development experience in Continuous Integration roles/tasks with the use of tools such as Jenkins or others.
- Track record with previous full life cycle with product development to release.
- Experience using unit test frameworks, e.g. Google mock, Unity
- Experience with IOT communication protocol (e.g. MQTT or others)
- Experience developing remote systems with databases (e.g. AWS)
- Basic knowledge in physics and/or the ability to work with electronics, e.g. basic circuit/schematic understanding, oscilloscope etc.
- Be part of our success story!
- Flexible schedule.
- Pride in working for a one-of-a-kind and disruptive startup.
- Learning and training opportunities.
- Work in a highly talented startup company with big professional growth opportunity.
- Great colleagues that truly embrace team spirit
- Lunch benefit.
- Work in a global community and networking opportunities.
- Learn more about us: http://www.altumtechnologies.com/company-2/
GOOD TO KNOW:
- You will be based in our Helsinki office
- Start date: as soon as possible
- As software QA engineer and a member of our fast-paced international group, you will have a unique and rewarding opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies across the stack and will be an integral part of the development team. Our environment values initiative and fosters innovation.
How to apply
Now is your time to show off your skills! Please submit your CV and cover letter with salary request in English by September 30th, 2019 to careers(at)altumtechnologies.com with subject “Software QA Engineer – (your name)”. Let us know why you are the perfect fit for this job and how you will help us take Altum Technologies to the next level.
The place will be given as soon as the right candidate is found, so we recommend to apply as soon as possible.